Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Windows Mobile

User Tag List

Touchscreen unresponsive. LG-E900 (Windows 7)

This is a discussion on Touchscreen unresponsive. LG-E900 (Windows 7) within the Windows Mobile forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So yesterday I took my phone (LG-E900, Windows 7) out of my pocket (didn't use it at all that day,

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

So yesterday I took my phone (LG-E900, Windows 7) out of my pocket (didn't use it at all that day, I think) and my touchscreen didn't seem to respond.

When I switch it on I'm immediately at the "Enter PIN" screen, where nothing works.
  • However I noticed a few times now that the "0" is selected and keeps being selected. I don't think I selected it and it doesn't happen immediately.
  • Using my (physical) back key I'm at the "phone lock screen" and sometimes I'm able to scroll up the screen, but the scrolling isn't smooth (looks like slow-motion scrolling). But yes, I'm only able to scroll and not use the numpad afterwards.

These are the only two instances where the touchscreen seems do be responsive.

Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Have you tried removing the battery, waiting a couple of seconds and then putting it back in?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes I have. I also tried switching it on without the SIM card, which didn't change anything.

The things which I was going to hold off on trying first are:
A hard reset and the suggestion to "check the voltage on the touch connector CN801".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Doesn't sound good. Might try your provider next. They may know of something you can try before doing the hard reset.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help!
Im unable to complete the gmer scan. It wont allow me to copy the results of the scan to submit to you guys. What do I do now?
REDLEG Resolved HJT Threads 49 12-15-2013 02:15 PM
ESET threats
In earlier message, and in continuation of another thread on another conmuter I started a thread stating that having tried ESET it had found a number of threats which i will mention at the end. meanwhile I ran DDS abnd will add the the logs. Gmer found rootkit activity but when I ran the scan on...
qimqim Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 12-13-2013 07:22 PM
Help..xp bsod when i run virus scan.
Hi, this is Troy, i have windows xp with sp3 and i everytime i run a virus scan and have run multiple kinds from windows to maleware bytes...you name it. I get to a point in the scan where i get a blue screen and then computer shuts down. When i run it with out doing a scan the computer stays on....
sootherlol Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 02-18-2013 05:31 PM
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 11:19 AM
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM