Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Windows Mobile

User Tag List

Help!! I locked myself outside!!

This is a discussion on Help!! I locked myself outside!! within the Windows Mobile forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I, myself destroyed my GPS PNA because I meddled with the registry.. here's what happened.. I have a blaupunkt GSP

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

I, myself destroyed my GPS PNA because I meddled with the registry.. here's what happened..

I have a blaupunkt GSP PNA running Windows CE5 on the background.
I managed to unlock it ok, so that it would start with windows CE.

Then for no reason I decided I should experiment with some entries in the regisrty, and like that wasn't enough, I did this through remote RegEditor via USB connection.

Anyway, I changed an entry under HKLM > int called "launch20" from device.exe to something else.

That's all, the device starts with windows ok, but nothing else.
Obviously the drivers don't load on boot and what i see is that the device can no longer be recognized via USB and also it cannot read any SD cards from its slot.

So I cannot have access in any way to get a Reg Editor inside and fix the bad Entry.
Simply I've just locked myself outside the device for good.

Windows CE don't have any Registry Editor, so I guess that was the end of my device.. :/

Any thoughts...? Thank you. :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

To fix this you will have to reinstall Windows.

You can try a Windows CD Repair disk to see if that can help or running SFC /scannow via the Command Prompt.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply! But how am I going to re install windows if I cannot comunicate with the device? USB and SD slot are not working. I cannot access the device at all.
Only the files that are already in the GPS device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

The phone then is basically a big paper weight then. If you can't boot it or use the USB slot then there's not much you can do.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

I got to my local blaupunkt service dealer and they managed to re-install windows in some
way.. so it's working fine again!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Glad you got it to work!
Closed Thread