I have a Samsung S3 Mini that I've owned for nearly 2 years. Recently the battery died, but only after I used it until it absolutely wouldn't work anymore. By the end the battery was bloated and could only barely fit in the phone anymore, and it had to be physically stuffed in.
When it finally died, my phone froze and nothing would do anything to fix it, including holding the power button until it would normally reset itself. The other day I finally got a replacement battery, but when I put it in, the phone wouldn't start, even after I left it charging for an hour. Optimistically, I think the battery was a dud. One of those budget ones that didn't even have the sticker stuck on properly.
I'm getting a new battery in a day or two, but in the meantime I want to try and work out if there could be anything wrong with the phone itself, and preferably find out if I can take it in to get fixed or if it's messed up permanently.
As far as I can tell I might have damaged the inner workings by shoving a battery in there so hard that the outer casing cracked from the effort of trying to shut it inside the phone. Aside from that I've noticed that there MIGHT be a panel that fell out at some point? (I have no idea, I rarely open the back of my phone). The panel I'm talking about is on the bottom left with the gold ring in it. For some reason my browser won't let me attach a photo, sorry.
There doesn't seem to be any damage to the blue area - at least, I can't see anything.
Please let me know as soon as possible, I went off the grid sort of abruptly and I need to let people know I haven't spontaneously combusted or something.
Thanks in advance!