Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Swapping bluetooth mouse buttons on android tablet

This is a discussion on Swapping bluetooth mouse buttons on android tablet within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a Samsung tab S tablet with a keyboard and have just purchased a bluetooth mouse to go

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I have a Samsung tab S tablet with a keyboard and have just purchased a bluetooth mouse to go with it. I am left handed, but the mouse buttons are currently set to right handed, which is a real pain as I keep exiting programs in error as I am used to a left handed mouse on my pc at work and therefore keep clicking with the wrong button on the new mouse.

Tablets don't have a control panel like a desktop pc, so how can I swap the buttons? Or is this not possible? Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

Also, I did see some left handed mice on Amazon, but they were expensive and not bluetooth. Also, would you still have to swap the buttons on those or would they automatically be assigned the opposite way to a right handed mouse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 05:38 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Follow this here:

Make Your Mouse Pointers Left-hand Friendly
Old 12-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, but that looks like it is just related to desktop pcs or laptops via the usual way of the control panel. I already have my pc mouse set to left handed.

It is my android tablet that I bluetoothed my new mouse and keyboard to (to turn it into a mini laptop on the go), where I have no idea how to swap the buttons. And this is why it is so annoying as I am used to a left handed mouse and therefore keep clicking with the wrong buttons.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Problem With Android Tablet
I have a Proscan tablet, model PLT7777G-Q, that has an Android 4.1.1 OS. I don't know if I'm running Jelly Bean or what. Anyway, I keep getting the error message, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I read several solutions on a search engine that stated I should...
sweetrosette Android OS 8 10-04-2014 03:59 PM
Mouse buttons stop working every 5-10 minutes
I am running Windows 7 64 bit service pack 2 Video card: Sapphire HD5970 2GB GDDR5 PCIE Mouse: HID compliant mouse USB HDTV 40": Dynex From a fresh operating system install and after using windows update on display adapter only. Have two same video cards tried both, also in crossfire(2 linked...
robertjrussell Other Hardware Support 13 04-07-2011 04:21 PM
[SOLVED] Dell Bluetooth keyboard and mouse issue.
Hi there, this is my first time posting, sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of query! My main set-up is a Dell latitude e4300 on a dock, with a wireless Bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo (also both Dell branded). This was all good until one day I was advised to update some drivers,...
Jimmsss Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 03-20-2011 12:10 PM
Mouse Buttons not working completely
I have a Steelseries Ikari Opitcal Gaming mouse. It consists of left, right, 2 more buttons near the thumb area, the scroll wheel (which can be clicked, middle mouse button) and another button just behind the scroll wheel which changes the sensitivity between low and high for the mouse itself. ...
Luponius Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 03-19-2011 01:32 PM
Is there an upright 'gaming' mouse with thumb controled buttons
Hello I use this mouse, every other configuration I have tried is painful and I love to game for hours:wink: 3M United States - My Workspace - Ergonomic Mouse https://www.mousearena.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/3m-ergonomic-mouse-em500gps-am-small-medium-mouse-2.jpg I love this mouse and...
GPtech PC Gaming Support 8 02-07-2011 04:51 PM