Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Backed up apps won't restore?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Backed up apps won't restore? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok so I purchased a Moto G 2nd gen in the beginning of this month but after a week or

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 05:02 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Ok so I purchased a Moto G 2nd gen in the beginning of this month but after a week or so of usage I realized that it had battery issues and needed to be replaced. The seller asked me to factory reset it before handing it over, which I did.

The phone was collected today morning and a replacement phone was given to me. I turned it on and linked it to my Gmail Account. After the startup was done my home screen wallpaper and everything was back, but I wanted my apps back.

I opened Play Store and it showed me all the apps I used to have lined up for download, except that none of them actually started downloading and a perpetual blue loading meter was shown. I waited for about an hour in the hope that at least one of the apps lined up for download would actually start downloading but this didn't happen. As a result, I deleted the Play Store app's cache and data but now when I go to the Play Store, all the apps that were lined up for download are no longer there. They did appear in the list of apps I had ever installed on my android phone but now I had to manually choose the apps and set them for download (because it showed me the apps I used to have on my Samsung phone from 2013 and I didn't want these apps).

So I thought - the phone's new anyway, let me perform a factory reset and hopefully the apps will actually start downloading this time. So I did a factory reset and everything but the same events just repeated themselves. The apps were lined up for download but wouldn't start downloading. And this is on Wi-Fi, not mobile data, mind you. And I'm on Lollipop.

So do I resolve this issue?

I also have a secondary doubt, which I will illustrate in the form of a hypothetical situation:

1. Suppose you want to factory reset your phone, so you backup all your data to your google account (I take it that you don't need to backup apps manually because google maintains a list of apps that you have ever installed, so you backup you other data). Let the set of apps you have at this point in time be represented by 'A'.

2. Once the data is backed up, you perform a factory reset.

3. After the factory reset, you go through with the new device setup and link it to your google account. Once you link it, your phone lines up your previously installed devices for download.

4. However, you don't want all of the apps that you had on your phone, so you cancel a few downloads, and download and install the rest.

5. Once the new set of apps (let the set of apps be represented by 'B') have been installed, you perform a factory reset again after a couple of days.

6. After the factory reset, you go through with the new device setup and link it with your google account.

Now here comes the question: After you link it with your google account, which set of apps will be lined up for download? Set A or set B?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Never mind, I just downloaded all the apps manually from the Play Store...
Old 04-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

When you power up the phone you hold the volume up button along with the power and it goes into recovery mode. You can then use the backup you made and recover apps and so forth.
Closed Thread