Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

setting manual wifi settings in android

This is a discussion on setting manual wifi settings in android within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. At my workplace , to access wireless internet through laptop running Windows OS, one has to enter manually ip address

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

At my workplace , to access wireless internet through laptop running Windows OS, one has to enter manually ip address and DNS address in windows network connections settings.

How can I run Wi-Fi having such custom IPs on my android phone? I have Lenovo a7000 phone running android 5.0.

I have to fill all the entries[ i.e. none left blank] manually in my tcp/ip settings in my windows OS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Your IT department at work should be able to help with this.

When pressing on the wireless network, an advance or more options tab should appear which you can then enter the information required.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Your IT department at work should be able to help with this.

When pressing on the wireless network, an advance or more options tab should appear which you can then enter the information required.
Yes, more options are coming in my android phone (see the attached image). If I enter the same numbers as I see in my laptop, I don't get any network in my phone. That is, the internet does not work in my phone.

Everyone at the workplace have to enter the same ip address in their laptops to access the wi-fi ( the one that can be accessed via the ncpa.cpl command).

We don't have any IT department. I work in a small company.

The guy who takes care of the internet settings and all, he does not have any idea about android. He only knows Microsoft Windows and other related stuff to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture11.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	267473  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

You should be able to enter the IP address that you need to connect? Is it not allowing you to do so?
Old 12-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
You should be able to enter the IP address that you need to connect? Is it not allowing you to do so?
I can indeed fill in the all the numeric entries. But like I mentioned earlier, I am not getting internet access on my phone inspite of all this.

Just to confirm, my phone's wifi is working perfectly. As, in there is no bug or fault in my phone which prevents me to access the network I'm having trouble in connecting.

I have also tried the same thing, that is, entering those numbers for IP address in my friend's android phone, but this trick does not work. What should I do?
Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

It does not work for your friend? Sounds like its an internal network issue then. The networking team here at TSF would be better suited to help with that.
Closed Thread