Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Samsung Galaxy S3 won't boot up - Can access Odin mode and Recovery mode

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S3 won't boot up - Can access Odin mode and Recovery mode within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So up until today my phone was working absolutely fine, slow after 3+ years, but fine. I've never tried to

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

So up until today my phone was working absolutely fine, slow after 3+ years, but fine. I've never tried to do anything fancy with it like flashing anything or changing the OS in any way, which a lot of recommended fixes quote as probably causes.

Anyway, I woke up today and my phone was stuck on the start-up screen saying "Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9305" and wouldn't move off that screen. If I try to restart it with the charger plugged in it will instead freeze on a static picture of the battery you get when the phone is charging, but will again not progress any further.

I can get the phone into Odin mode and Recovery mode easily enough, but there isn't much to do once I'm in them. I downloaded Kies and it won't connect to my phone in Odin Mode, it knows that a device is connected but it won't actually be able to connect to it. I'm also in the process of downloading firmware and a copy of Odin3, as recommended by this guide: How to recover a bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 - CNET

I'll attach a photo I took of my phone screen whilst it is in recovery mode, there are a lot of errors.

Like I said, I just woke up today to my phone behaving like this, no idea what could have caused all the errors in the screenshot I took at all. I'm baffled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	263330  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Wipe the cache partition and then try to boot it.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Wipe the cache partition and then try to boot it.
Tried that but the same thing occurs. Also, after I wiped the cache, the same errors came up as are in the screenshot, saying "Can't open cache" and "Can't mount cache" so not sure what's going on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Will it let you factory reset?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

Now only one option you have factory reset your device. try to wipe all data and factory reset your samsung galaxy s3 may be it worked but you lost your all data stored in device.
Closed Thread