Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

popup ads from OPT out mobile

This is a discussion on popup ads from OPT out mobile within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Samsung SM-J120W Android and i have been getting these pop up ads that seem to emanate from Google

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have Samsung SM-J120W Android and i have been getting these pop up ads that seem to emanate from Google and something called OPT out mobile,liquor ads, Best Buy etc..that pop up out of the blue.How do i get rid of these.
I've tried in sSettings and download but it tells me to download the OPT Out mobile and then afterwards delete it but i cannot seem to get rid of it.
I just got one from Canon,it pops up after i went into Google's Ad settings and requested i not get person alized ads,but doesn't seem to be working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

BTW, i have MAMB installed. The pop-up message is coming from optout.tracker.area.
and it shows
>>>> Opt out of mobile recommendations
then there is green download bar that states download opt-out ad
There are two ways to opt out of mobile recommendations.
!. Simple: just download our Android opt-out app and delete it when you are done.

Well i did this and it is a veritable vicious circle.The ads keep coming,no way of preventing them.Oh yeah i have ad blocker installed,but that isn't doing it's job.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Virus
Hi, Think I have a virus on my computer when the computer sits idle I am unable to wake it without a manual shut down and then on startup I get a list of chrome extensions that have crashed. Would appreciate any help you can provide Thanks Also I do not believe I have a windows install disc or...
QueenDawn1 Resolved HJT Threads 18 09-30-2015 01:43 AM
Having Issues with my Laptop, possible virus, malware, adware
Hey guys I'm not quite sure what's going on with my laptop. These are the issues: 1. Very slow 2. Multiple tabs open up and I don't even touch or click on anything, I could just be reading something on a page. 3. There's highlighted words randomly on the browser and if you put the mouse over...
MetalAngelz Resolved HJT Threads 20 12-24-2014 11:31 AM
Need help getting rid of (Yontoo?) popup ads
Hi - I'm running Windows 7, and a few days ago I began seeing popup ads. Something called "RelopiX" would slide in from the left until I closed it by clicking on the X, and i was also getting the "iReview" ads at the bottom. If I click on the X for the iReview ads, it did not close but would...
jhgreene Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 12-23-2013 01:25 PM
Happili Redirect and other possible issues
. DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 Run by aim at 20:04:26 on 2012-05-02 Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.2037.972 . AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {9765EA51-0D3C-7DFB-6091-10E4E1F341F6} SP: Windows...
nivedx Resolved HJT Threads 18 05-06-2012 12:43 PM
Infections / Malware / rundll32.exe error
My computer was last used by someone to download games and watch videos on the internet. The next thing I know, there were pop-ups. I am constantly getting these fake spyware removal pop ups. I tried going into control panel/add-remove programs and I get a 'rundll32.exe' error message. I used...
6one9 Resolved HJT Threads 54 05-16-2011 06:06 AM