Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Pantech cellphone was damaged after falling in water, what's damaged?

This is a discussion on Pantech cellphone was damaged after falling in water, what's damaged? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Was trying to find the correct forum for posting this using the "Search" button above but when the keyboard appeared

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Was trying to find the correct forum for posting this using the "Search" button above but when the keyboard appeared the search window closed, if I openned the search window the keyboard closed. Tried in both versions: mobile & desktop styles with the same result. So, if I'm posting this at the wrong place please reply stating so & refer this to a moderator for moving the thread to it's right place. Thanks on this!

What I want to know is what in a cellphone gets damaged (usually) when it falls in water while it is in the ON STATE. Is it a preprogrammed 'state' that's there to prevent further damage (like been blocked to the point that it even ignores the command for booting up) or is it there something already damaged?

Thanks in advanced for any help on the latter issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

What kind of smartphone is it? Make and model number.

How long was it in the water?

Did you try to turn it back on after picking it out of the water?

Typically, the water gets into the circuit board and shorts out the electronics.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for replying, Masterchiefxx17!

The model is P6010 from Pantech made in China. The phone was rapidly taken out of the water but it was turned on when it fell in. I don't know exactly what my sister did after taking it out of the water but never came back. Now it has no simcard, is this necessary for it to charge the battery & turning on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

So, with a physical keyboard and on screen buttons, there's a lot of different ways the water could have seeped inside.

The water would have ruined the motherboard and therefore the phone.

No, the sim card is not needed for the phone to turn on; only to make phone calls.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification!
Closed Thread