Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Note 3 started draining battery

This is a discussion on Note 3 started draining battery within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, So I have no idea what happened, but the other day all of a sudden after using the timer

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

So I have no idea what happened, but the other day all of a sudden after using the timer app that I normally use, my battery was almost dead & I ONLY used the phone for like 5-10 minutes with that timer.

I've been using it for years with no issues.

Ever since my phone's battery has been dying very quickly AND this is a new battery from last year.

I even took off the cover & back & removed the battery & put it back & still, it's draining way more quickly than normal.

To be clear, I barely use my phone if I'm at home & I'm at home most of the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

https://www.zdnet.com/article/androi...-a-simple-fix/

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Thanks, but even when I'm charging the phone, it now takes literally twice as long to charge. I forgot to mention that in my post.

I already restarted it on the day this started & I'm not sure what the percentages are supposed to be as far as apps. FB is at 13%. We know that FB is a memory hog even on desktops.

A few at 7% & the rest less.

I switched some apps to optimize all the time, the others were already optimizing.

Skype was turned off as far as optimizing, not sure if it should be like that, b/c I don't know what optimizing does in relation to me using the apps.

Do you know?

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Optimizing increases battery life.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Optimizing increases battery life.
Ok, well I can't believe that those few apps that weren't set to optimize were causing the issue b/c they've been set like that for months & I never had this problem.

So should I set Skype to optimize as well? I know it's a memory hog especially with the new TERRIBLE SK 8, but for some reason the guy who was working on my phone before had it set to not optimize at all, & I'm wondering if that somehow stops SK from working.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

iPhones are easy to test if a battery is failing. I don't know of a similar test (only voltage) for Android. Here's a "trick". Take the battery out again and on a smooth surface (writing side up) spin it. If it spins easily, it's no longer good.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
iPhones are easy to test if a battery is failing. I don't know of a similar test (only voltage) for Android. Here's a "trick". Take the battery out again and on a smooth surface (writing side up) spin it. If it spins easily, it's no longer good.
Ok, I'll try that in a day or two.

BUT now there's OTHER issues :(

Somehow either that guy who was supposed to have fixed my phone removed ESET from my phone or something else did, b/c it wasn't there :(

AND today my Swift keyboard twice now within a few hours has been removed to the Samsung default.

AND my FB on my computer (I know this has nothing to do with the phone) has logged me out & saying there was suspicious behavior & made me jump thru hoops to get back in. This has happened twice within a few days.

I'll change the p/w for that FB account, but I'm wondering if someone hacked my phone, as that FB account is tied to that phone.

Not happy right now. I hate it when there's ghosts around.

And this all started happening after the battery issues. All within how many days?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2019, 06:29 AM   #8
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Hope to hear how the battery spin test went. Most people had trouble removing ESET (when not using their uninstall tool) so kind of strange a phone repair guy would remove it for no reason.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Hope to hear how the battery spin test went. Most people had trouble removing ESET (when not using their uninstall tool) so kind of strange a phone repair guy would remove it for no reason.
So the battery is fine & I'm still having issues with the keyboard changing from Swift to Samsung ALL on its own within minutes after me switching it back to Swift.

Not happy right now :(
Old 03-13-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Reset Swift to default.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Reset Swift to default.
I just checked, it already is.

I hope it stays that way.

Back to the DRAMA with ALL sites going down online. I'm surprised this site is STILL UP. I had problems earlier with it taking forever to load.
Closed Thread