Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

My Galaxy A5 2017 has inconsistent suggested word behavior

This is a discussion on My Galaxy A5 2017 has inconsistent suggested word behavior within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, My Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 no longer displays suggested words in some places. Could you please help? Full

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hey guys,

My Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 no longer displays suggested words in some places. Could you please help? Full details below.

I got it from a Canadian mobile phone network (Vidéotron) last summer. I love that phone, it works well. However, since around October and possibly around the time that I upgraded to Android 7.0, I have noticed that suggested words (usually displayed above the digital keyboard) are no longer displayed in some apps while they are still displayed in other apps. That is very weird. I could call this “inconsistent suggested word behavior”.

For example:
In Google Now, Google Maps and IMDB the digital keyboard does not have the suggested words

In the Dropbox app: if I open a new text file, I do get suggested words when I type inside it. However, when I want to save it I do not get suggested words while I type the file name

In Firefox, I do get suggested words if I attempt to type in the URL or inside Google.ca’s website search bar.

In Gmail, Youtube, the default texting app, the default Contacts app, the Samsung Music app, Outlook app, Microsoft Word and Flipboard, suggested words are displayed above the digital keyboard like it should normally do.
I use Android in French, but I have both English and French keyboard on it since I write messages in both languages. I can translate any menu item if required.

I did check if there was any Android update available and I am up to date already.

I originally posted in October about it and my tread did not get much success.

Do you guys have any idea how to make the suggested words consistently appear above the keyboard everywhere that I have to type something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Galaxy A5 2017 no longer displays suggested words in some places
Hey guys, My Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 no longer displays suggested words in some places. Could you please help? Full details below. I got it from a Canadian mobile phone network (Vidéotron) this summer. I love that phone, it works well. However, recently and possibly a few days after...
Darth80 Android OS 3 10-20-2017 03:17 PM
Buying advice for new laptop please
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds). Which brand should I get? Please help me decide from this list: ALTERNATE ...
12311 Laptop Support 13 10-22-2013 09:34 AM
Cursor keeps spinning in Word Document
My user expeirence cursor in Word document keeps spinning in circle. It only happens in Word, not in Excel or PPT. I have tried the the troubleshooting below: Delete the Word Data registry key 1. Exit all Office programs. 2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 3. Locate...
joshtechsolut Microsoft Office support 4 01-02-2013 07:04 PM
Hitachi 4TB Ultrastar with windows xp problems
Hello all, I have combed the internet for a solution to this, and even read a few threads on here that were related but not the same issue. Here is my problem: I have an Ultrastar hitachi 4TB 7k4000 hard-drive. I just installed it into my desktop computer. I have one other hard-drive that...
jacob2012 Hard Drive Support 3 12-07-2012 03:58 PM
Google searches being redirected
Occasionally when I Google something it will redirect me to another website. I already tried using Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, both did not work. There seems to be nothing wrong with my laptop other than the Google redirects. I ran the dds file from the stickied thread, this is what i...
bobojenkins Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-27-2012 03:49 AM