Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Memory storage issue in vivo v3 max, used 163 MB, shows using 24.5 GB

This is a discussion on Memory storage issue in vivo v3 max, used 163 MB, shows using 24.5 GB within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My phone model name is Vivo V3 Max.Its an android phone. My phone memory shows 536 MB free of 24.7

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

My phone model name is Vivo V3 Max.Its an android phone.

My phone memory shows 536 MB free of 24.7 GB.

To check where all the memory is going, I connected my phone through usb cable to my laptop then I checked my phone folder on my laptop.
My phone folder properties shows it has got 519 MB free of 24.7 GB (as can be seen in the attachment pic).

But when I opened the phone folder , selected everything inside it(all the folders and files inside it )and went to properties, It showed that only 163 MB is in use (as can be seen in the attachment pic).

So where has all the memory gone of 24.5 GB since all the memory inside the phone folder only contains 163 MB.

I need really help, as after installing 2-3 apps on my phone, there comes a memort storage issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	319872   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	319874  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

How many applications, pictures, and documents do you have on the device? What does the Phone storage app say is taking up the most space?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

The PC does not have access to the device's internal ROM usage, get an application like Root Explorer and run it on the phone, this will tell you how much is used by the Root file system.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] After pressing some key combo, I boot into emergency mode
I use Fedora 20. After pressing ctrl-alt-some function key, I entered emergency mode. Now every time I boot my computer, I enter emergency mode before I enter the normal OS. When I enter the normal OS there are no problems. How do I disable the auto-boot into emergency mode?
jengelhart Linux Support 26 07-25-2014 04:12 PM
[SOLVED] BF4 constantly bluescreens after ~7 minutes (Should I RMA?)
Hello, I just purchased a brand new Zotac GTX 680 2gb to replace my HD 6950 2gb. After I changed to GTX 680, Battlefield 4 started bluescreening after around 7 minutes of gameplay.I got it to bluescreen with 3Dmark Vantage for one time AFTER the test was already over but for example Furmark runs...
anarchy104 Video Card Support 8 12-24-2013 02:18 AM
Need some help with start up issue then crash
Hi I got what I think is a minor problem but i dont know how to fix it. I just cleared out some malware (with some good advice from another forum that focus on malware), did some system maintenance and while I was updating the drivers seem to have disturbed the operating system. There is no...
simon255 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 04-03-2013 04:44 PM
How do i disable intel's graphics?
I know that my PC comes with something similiar to a graphics card, it is even wired into my windows 8 settings all by itself. I am having a tech problem, and i believe the display card is the main problem as everything else seems to check, how can i disable it and go back to the display card-less...
aayushagra Video Card Support 37 03-25-2013 09:29 AM
BSOD 0x7e During Gaming - BF3
I just had a BSOD on a brand new computer I built. It was Bugcheck code 0x7e and I've attached the dump file. Please let me know what caused it. Bluescreenview says it's the Nvidia drivers but I've also had other BSODs like 0xD1 while browsing the web etc. Please let me know what the dump...
Baasha BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 45 09-28-2012 04:35 PM