Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Kernel

This is a discussion on Kernel within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Evening: I've been TRYING to D/l this kernel: SpeedMod Froyo [K13C HPCall VoodooSnd4 SharpnessFix STABLE] If anyone knows where I

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Evening:

I've been TRYING to D/l this kernel: SpeedMod Froyo [K13C HPCall VoodooSnd4 SharpnessFix STABLE] If anyone knows where I can D/l from (other than XDA) would you please provide a 'link". This is a vital segment needed for the O.S. upgrade process.
Thank You:
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

It is only linked to a Blog page on XDA, this is the Blog page Tourist In Paradise: Samsung Galaxy S: Download SpeedMod kernel for Froyo

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey joeten:

Ah, once again you rise to the occasion. Thank You!! Hey, perhaps you could help out with this: I simply cannot get this phone to "mount"/be recognized!!!
MSWin7, LinuxMint 17.3, Odin nor Kies will acknowledge it? As you might guess, I want/need to upgrade the O.S. and it's all but impossible to do until I figure out how to get this thing to be 'seen"!! If your not familiar with this problem, perhaps you could "forward" to someone who may be? phone: Samsung AnyCall GalaxyS 1 model SHW-M110S running Froyo 2.2-rooted(via z4Root but no "recovery"); this phone has NO carrier/service. Always appreciate your help, Joe!!!
Stay Sharp:
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

I can't be sure but is the sd card ok IE not corrupted, have you tried to format the sd card via your pc or phone. To be honest that is about as much as I can suggest, maybe Masterchief will look in and suggest something.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hey joeten:

Good to hear from you again. No, I've not formatted the SD card. I know how to and could do so, but, wasn't sure that's the problem. As you know, I've been at this particular problem for far TOO long without a solution. So, I've concluded there is a glitch/bug within the O.S. and NOW, I'd like to know if/how to just "wipe" the phone's HD and completely start over? Now, guessing I could "wipe" the HD of the phone, the problem comes full circle for I'm surmising that, as well, would entail mounting the phone... somehow?
Stay Sharp:
Rick
Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Found this not sure if it will be what you need, and keep in mind most info out there is a few years old now How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy S SHW-M110s

Old 03-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Registered Member

Hey joeten:

OK, one last time!!! If I pursue this and it doesn't work, can we PLEASE stop with the 'try this-try that" and just move on to "wiping" the phone's HD and then re-install a desired O.S.? Really, I've had enough and it's time to move on!!!
Thanx:
Rick
Old 03-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #8
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

That is what we are attempting to do, if you wipe it totally then I can't say we will get something else on there for definite, you would need some android os on it in order for it to work for you How to get (mostly) stock Android on your phone easily with CyanogenMod | PCWorld

Old 03-16-2016, 02:32 PM   #9
Registered Member

joeten:

Really, I don't understand. What is the big deal about wiping the damn HD of the phone. OK, I've done this to several PC's many x's. Is a phone all that much different? The problem is and has been, for several months now, getting the damn thing to mount, which has become IMPOSSIBLE!!! No one, no site, no video has come up with a solution on how to get it to mount!!!!!!!! NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING, will work until it mounts and it refuses to mount!!!!! SO, we go back to the basic's, wipe the damn HD of the phone and somehow put the desired O.S on it....REALLY, C'mon!!!! Screw all the how-to's and "do this-do that's"...they haven't worked!!!! Am I missing something here?
Thanx:
Rick
Old 03-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #10
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Ok your choice don't complain if it goes awry https://www.digitaltrends.com/android...one-or-tablet/
If you need more info look here https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...ueMofYU-u9hYAG
Anything you do from here is on your own head.

Closed Thread