Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

How do I change App permissions for security?

This is a discussion on How do I change App permissions for security? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm super new to the Android world. I've gotten a bunch of apps for my new Moto Z Force. I've

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm super new to the Android world. I've gotten a bunch of apps for my new Moto Z Force. I've notice a lot of them notify me that the app needs access to location, contacts, speakers, microphone, photos etc.. Even the weather app wanted my camera, photos & other things besides the obvious “location”. When this notice window pops up I don’t see a way to say NO to any of them. If I tried the App stopped loading. So I just went ahead & said OK. I forget at which stage of setup I was in but it was in the 1st few days, I was getting notices like "do you what these people to know where you are, your ph# ” & other crazy personal stuff. Those I think I could say no to. Now that I'm pretty close to having the phone setup how I want it & I'm concerned about personal info security my questions are:
-Is there a way to go back into the system & edit what services & apps can access certain features like location, contacts, photos, microphone, camera etc..
-Are there any "must do" security tips I should be doing or setting up as a 1st time Droid user? I setup a password & fingerprint. I even got Avast on it but are there other settings or apps that should be used, turned on/ off or uninstalled?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Follow this here:

How to Manage App Permissions on Android 6.0

Quote:
-Are there any "must do" security tips I should be doing or setting up as a 1st time Droid user? I setup a password & fingerprint. I even got Avast on it but are there other settings or apps that should be used, turned on/ off or uninstalled?
It's fairly secure as-is. Just make sure to always get applications from the Google Play Store and nowhere else.
Closed Thread