Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Help opening local .htm file on Android 5.1.1

This is a discussion on Help opening local .htm file on Android 5.1.1 within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HI Guys, I have a Service manual for a 2008 Dodge Charger that originaly came as a zip package. Once

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

HI Guys,

I have a Service manual for a 2008 Dodge Charger that originaly came as a zip package.
Once extraxted it had a folder withe 6 folders;
AddOns, common, Documentation, en_US, EULA, overview.

There's also 4 files named AUTORUN.INF, default.htm, index.htm, SVGview.exe.

To open the manual in Windows I have to open the Default.htm with Internet Explorer and hit F12 and choose IE 7 emulation.

I would like to be able to open this manual in my Galaxy Tab running 5.1.1 that I keep in my car.

I have tried a few web browsers such as Dolphin and Chrome but I keep running into the same problem. I can open the default.htm and I get the home page to the manual, then you get 2 options wiring and service info, these links work , the next screen is a submenu for different parts of the car. this is where my problem happens when I try to open these links it says," Chrome does not have access to the requested resource."

I have tried looking for this error message but nothing on google.

With Firefox It does not even open the .HTM, I get a message saying, " Access to the file was denied" The file at /storage/sdcard/file location/ default.htm is not readable.
1. It mat have been removed, moved, or file permissions may be preventing access.

I have tried giving full access to each file using ES File manager but still nothing.

If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Does everything (including the submenus) open properly in a browser under Windows?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes everything works properly on windows. Originally since it was in 2008 IE7 opened it no problem but with the newer versions of IE I have to use dev mode by hitting f12 and choosing IE7 emulation.
I have tried an app called html viewer and it opens everything up until the submenus but I have noticed that if you turn jave script off some displaued info disappears such a the dropdown menus . I would love to post screen shots but I cannot find a way to do this from my phone.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search