Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Having problems with updates

This is a discussion on Having problems with updates within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Samsung phone with only 8gb storage. I have about 12 apps. I am constantly getting the message

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Samsung phone with only 8gb storage. I have about 12 apps. I am constantly getting the message that I don't have enough space for updates. Why is this? Someone told me that every update takes up more memory. Is this true? I also purchased an sd card but apparently only some apps can be stored on that? Can someone help me out here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Move all the apps you can to the memory card. Those that must run in the background can't be moved.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Move all the apps you can to the memory card. Those that must run in the background can't be moved.
Will all go? How do you do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

It's not advisable to move all to your SD card, Apps you use on a daily basis, keep them on the phone. Ensure your flat data, such as music, videos, pictures are moved to the SD card, most likely the Pics are eating up tons of space.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:21 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Have you cleared the application cache at all.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
It's not advisable to move all to your SD card, Apps you use on a daily basis, keep them on the phone. Ensure your flat data, such as music, videos, pictures are moved to the SD card, most likely the Pics are eating up tons of space.
Why not advisable? Don't have many pics.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Have you cleared the application cache at all.
Yes, constantly.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #8
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

ALL Apps cannot be moved unless you have Root access

I'm guessing you're Android version is Marshmallow or above, you've formatted the Memory card completely as adoptable storage which is causing the issue. There are guides and apps which will help partition your card in 2 partitions, adoptable and FAT32 which will allow you to move files.

Like I mentioned earlier, some apps such as Bank applications or apps which use Android's Device administrator cannot be moved, even if you force move it with applications it will cause the app to crash.
Closed Thread