Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Google search issue

This is a discussion on Google search issue within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Using a Nexus 6 with Android 7.1 though I've had people report the same issue on various devices/ROMs including stock

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

Using a Nexus 6 with Android 7.1 though I've had people report the same issue on various devices/ROMs including stock Android.

I've been having an issue where I will hold the home button down to pull up search, tap on the search bar to bring up the keyboard, and within a few seconds the search bar clears itself and closes the keyboard.

I made a screen recording to show you the issue in action. The first instance I don't type anything, just wait, and it closes itself. The second time I starting typing and it happens again. So basically every time I open search I have to tap the search bar, wait for the keyboard to close, then tap the search bar again, then it works... until i need to search something else.

Here is a recording of the issue in action

Here is a logcat of the crash

12-03 10:01:36.449 824 1796 seems to be what it spits out when the keyboard actually closes.

Thanks in advance, this is driving me nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] PUP.Optional.Elex.ShrtCln not going away
Bit of an oddball one here, it seems I've been infected by PUP.Optional.Elex.ShrtCln. If I run Malwarebytes, quarantine all threats, then run AdwCleaner and clean all threats, and then run Hitman Pro and again, remove all threats, and restart my computer, then run malwarebytes again, it detects...
HomicidalBunny Resolved HJT Threads 26 09-23-2016 08:05 PM
Infected Win32 carber fn, and Alureon
Good afternoon, I ran a DDS scan and it stated it was running silent in the background and would produce 2 logs, but did not and computer froze up. Avast found File Boot F:infected by MBR :Alureon-K and File C :\Hiberfil.sys infected by WIN 32 Carberp- ?????? Thank you
Johnny Pollock Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 92 01-26-2013 10:00 PM
Virus? Ads and crashing
I think I followed the instructions on this. Problem description: My computer will randomly start playing ads or things that sound like talkshows when nothing is open, and is running much slower than normal. It will also randomly shut itself off, which leads to error messages and it asking me if I...
jmcconnell0801 Resolved HJT Threads 41 09-24-2012 05:05 PM
PC hijack
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 running the 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. It appears it's being accessed by a remote computer when connected to a network. A message pops up on the screen that it is being controlled by a remote PC, then it lists the I.P. address of the offending machine. It's slow...
triing Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-17-2012 09:29 AM
Google Search Engine Issue
Dear Tech Support, I am currently having an issue when using Google. When running a search and clicking on a link, 1 of 3 things occurs 1) the link works like normal (1/3 of the time) 2) the link changes, leading me to a search site or special offer site vaguely related to the link topic (1/3...
stevenam Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 07-04-2011 05:45 AM