Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Google Play Services Using More Than 20% Of Battery

This is a discussion on Google Play Services Using More Than 20% Of Battery within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Suddenly Google Play Services has started using more than 20% of battery resources. I have tried turning off ALL notifications

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Suddenly Google Play Services has started using more than 20% of battery resources.

I have tried turning off ALL notifications in the GPS app, disabling location, installed the latest Beta of GPS. Then I backed up and reset the phone to factory state. Within 24 hours the battery usage went back to over 20%.

Essential PH-1
Android 9 P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

RESOLVED

The Essential PH-1 May 2019 update for Android 9 Pie fixed it (and the issue with shutdown where the phone buzzes for a bit then restarts).
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just got my first Windows 10!
Finally upgraded my own laptop that almost made it to 10 years with Windows 7 installed to a brand new Windows 10 All in one Desktop PC. WOW! It's so vast and exciting to see many features. I want to get TOP notch security and programs but at the same time keeping it simple and not install...
wii_zil Windows 10 Support 64 07-31-2017 08:21 PM
Hard drive usage at %100 - Looking for ideas
Hey guys! Please don't bash me for posting this (as I can see others have posted about it also). I just want to make sure I can get as many ideas as possible, before I do a clean install/new hdd. _______ I am helping a family friend fix their desktop. It is only about 3 years old and has a...
Labarr15 Windows 10 Support 9 01-12-2017 05:48 PM
Internet works for a few seconds on startup and then goes off
Ok so I'm not really a computer guy so you're gonna need to walk me through this pretty detailed please. So I have a windows 7 PC that has worked fine for the last year now. However recently something happened. When I turn my computer on and go straight to internet i have about 3 mins of internet...
DidYouSeeUs Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 13 08-28-2013 03:17 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM