Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Galaxy tab - Google services can't see wifi connection

This is a discussion on Galaxy tab - Google services can't see wifi connection within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought an S2 9.7" tablet two weeks ago. Up until three days ago, everything was functioning as it should.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

I bought an S2 9.7" tablet two weeks ago. Up until three days ago, everything was functioning as it should. Now, I cannot get GooglePlay, YouTube, Gmail, or the tablet's update features to see my wifi connection. I can still access email from other accounts and use the web browser so the connection is fine. The Tablet recognizes the connection and reports the signal strength is fine but I simply cannot get the device to see the aforementioned items.

Steps I've tried so far. None have worked.

1) Double checking for direct time and date on Tablet (I read that this can be an issue).

2) Forgetting and re-linking to the wifi connection.

3) Going into airplane mode, forcing stop on all affected software, clearing cache and reconnecting. (This caused GooglePlay to work again for about 20 minutes before failing again but did nothing to fix the other issues.)

5) Testing on a different WiFi network. (GooglePlay worked for about 20 minutes and crapped out. Nothing else would work.)

4) Rolling back all updates.

5) Changing DCHP to static and changing DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 to 8.8.4.4 (Couldn't get the tablet to save the changes)

6) Resetting my router.

7) Factory reset on the tablet.

8) Hard reset on the tablet.

I contacted Samsung tech support and they don't know what to make of it. They want me to ship the tablet to the only service centre in Canuckistan, 3000 KM away.

I'm stumped at this point. Any tips? My laptop, desktop, and iPhone all have no issues with the WiFi connection. (Although my Philips Hue bridge also often loses connection to the router.)

The router is an ActionTec provided by my landlady's ISP, Telus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browser hijacked by mystartsearch
I stream soccer through a web site called firstrowsports.eu. There are copies of this site and I was inadvertently directed to a copy site where I was instructed to down load a viewing app to speed up streaming. That was the mistake. Strange adverts started appearing. Now my browser has been...
ian worthington Resolved HJT Threads 27 03-11-2015 11:53 AM
Help removing search engines from Chrome launch
Every time I launch Chrome in Windows 8 I am greeted with two AVG search tabs and one MSN tab. I want none of those and I can't find where they are set in Chrome. Is this some sort of trojan that installed them? How do I get rid of them so I just launch with a blank tab?
bauhsoj Resolved HJT Threads 10 07-14-2014 08:31 PM
Windows 7 hanging / freezing
I had a fresh install in November win7 64bit and since then I've had no problems until this week My system is basically rendered unusable as it will freeze for between 5 seconds and a minute every 5/10 minutes Now I know it could be 1 in a million things but it's worth a shot System is ...
AMT1989 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 22 02-18-2014 09:12 AM
Error: Failure to display security and shut down options
I recently moved. when I set my PC back up, it seemed fine. A couple days later I installed my internet router in my apartment and once I plugged my ethernet cable in I noticed something was wrong. My computer became lethargic and when I tried to bring up task manager the screen turned black and...
JadeStoneMusic Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 18 09-05-2013 08:03 AM