Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Find my device nagging

This is a discussion on Find my device nagging within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. My wife has her smartphone showing one popup message: "Find my device: To continue using your device's remote lock

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello.

My wife has her smartphone showing one popup message: "Find my device: To continue using your device's remote lock and erase features, you must reactivate find my device."
It's available under Accounts-Google-Security-Find my device. There are 2 options which are both unchecked/disabled: 1st Remotely locate this device and 2nd Allow remote lock and erase.
It seems as if something needs that option turned on, but can't see what or why. I went through all options and those above are only ones I can find.

She has Xiaomi Redmi 4x, with MIUI8 version 8.2.9.0 global official rom.

Thing is, I have exact same phone with same version of MIUI, and also same settings, and I never get nagged about that feature.

Why is it happening, and how to stop it doing that?

Thanks in advance, Natsuke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Hmm, seems reboot of phone made it go away, will see how it behaves now.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble Getting ISO To Thumb Drive
Acer Aspire M1641 Vista Premium SP2 32 bit I have been trying to put Windows10_TechnicalPreview_x32_EN-US_9926.iso on a thumb drive, using the latest version of Rufus. I got an error message while using two perfectly good drives. After getting the error message when trying with a third drive,...
likekinds Removable Media Drives 79 02-19-2015 03:05 PM
Help!
Im unable to complete the gmer scan. It wont allow me to copy the results of the scan to submit to you guys. What do I do now?
REDLEG Resolved HJT Threads 49 12-15-2013 02:15 PM
ZeroAccess virus
Hi my computer seems to have been infected by the zeroaccess virus and I need some help to remove it can someone please tell me how to get rid of it.
topogijo Resolved HJT Threads 18 05-20-2013 11:25 PM
Help with blue screen and bug check
My machine bug checked tonight, it has been freezing for a long time but finally generated a dmp file tonight, so I am happy about that. Windbg says the following, can anyone help me determine what is causing this, or translate the windbg file? System specs are at the bottom, thank you.
gte BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 04-18-2012 10:19 PM
BSOD Mayhem
Windows 7 64bit Dual boots with Vista (win7 is priority). Vista was original OS. Both OEM editions but not pre-installed. System is 4 years old. Current windows 7 installation is from release. Intel q6600 cpu with a Galaxy Nvidia 8800 GT videocard, Antec 550 watt PSU (since build), and...
Ceiltsei BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-20-2011 01:42 PM