Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Factory reset doesn't delete files

This is a discussion on Factory reset doesn't delete files within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, So I'm preparing my old Oneplus One for sale, but I'm having some troubles. I want to delete

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 05:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys,

So I'm preparing my old Oneplus One for sale, but I'm having some troubles.
I want to delete everything on it, so I encrypted it and made a factory reset. It seems all settings and apps has been deleted, but all my files are still there (pictures, downloads etc). All guides I find says a factory reset should delete everything.

My ROM is BlissPop 4.0.3 which is Android version 5.1.1. I have TWRP installed if that's any help.

What can I do to make it ready for sale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The reset deleted all personal stuff, but a "pro" can still get at it. When you say your files are still there, can you open them or decrypt?

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Apparently my personal files are not deleted at all.

Well the phone says it is encrypted, however I can see all files no problem, and the same when I plug it into my computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2016, 06:35 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi, in the second part of this piece here Reset your OnePlus One to factory settings | Blog.forret.com did you do step 5.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member

I managed to do it through recovery :) Got other problems too, but thats another thread hehe.
Closed Thread