Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Erase Android Phone

This is a discussion on Erase Android Phone within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys. I have a Sony Xperia E1 which I need to securely Erase before disposing of it. Can anyone

Old 01-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello guys.

I have a Sony Xperia E1 which I need to securely Erase before disposing of it.

Can anyone recommend any such Utility, please ?.

I have tried some but were not being effective. After searching elsewhere it was stated that the SIM Card should firstly be removed. I had not done so, so I am not sure if that is why my efforts were not successful.

Please advise. Thank you.
Listone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 12:30 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team Moderator
Hardware Tech Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listone View Post
Hello guys.
Can anyone recommend any such Utility, please ?.
Go to the Playstore and search for Secure Erase and you will find a lot of apps.. It's difficult to recommend one app since it's more of a personal preference..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listone View Post
Hello guys.
I have tried some but were not being effective. After searching elsewhere it was stated that the SIM Card should firstly be removed. I had not done so, so I am not sure if that is why my efforts were not successful.
Not the case, the SIM should be removed and migrated to your new phone (or destroyed if you already have a replacement SIM for the same number, this has serious implications, talk to your provider for more details) but should not be left in the old device.

Remove any SD/Memory card used and keep it with you, there is no reason to share these...

Use a secure app to fill the storage with junk, perform a factory restore.. Repeat the process again... If you want to do this manually, just create some file and write it in a loop into the device until it's full.. This will ensure that any data recovery gets difficult.

tristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you. Will do.
Listone is offline   Reply With Quote