Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Dropped Xperia Z3+, now screen has issues

This is a discussion on Dropped Xperia Z3+, now screen has issues within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I recently dropped my Xperia Z3+ from a height of about 3 or 4 feet to the ground. I

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hi. I recently dropped my Xperia Z3+ from a height of about 3 or 4 feet to the ground. I picked it up and it was intact, the glass is perfect, the frame is perfect and so is the back cover. Not even a scratch anywhere. However, the screen immediately starting working bad. Everytime I unlock the phone after not using it for a couple of minutes, there appear a lot of 1 pixel tall horizontal lines across the screen that gradually start to disappear. Another problem the screen has is that colors are reproduced vertically across the whole screen instead of just in its place. I mean, for example, if I put a green square icon over a black background, there will be a lighter green vertical band of color from the top of the screen to the bottom. These are not my phone, but they have a similar issue, so that you can see what I'm talking about. This problem with the colors happen with every color everywhere.

By the way, touch works flawlessly and all other phone functions too.

I'm wondering, is my screen broken or could it be some loose ribbon or something else? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Hi, and welcome to TSF!

From your description it sounds like the screen driver circuitry has become damaged from the shock. Lines of any kind in the display generally indicate a failure there. Usually the screen drivers are part of the screen sub-assembly itself and are replaced as a unit. A loose ribbon cable would not likely be the cause as that would often stop the display from working at all.

Only way to be sure is to have it looked at by a technician. I drove over my Blackberry phone after it was dropped in the grass by a wayward toddler. The only damage was to the screen. The rest of the phone worked fine!

Good luck!

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search