Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Downgrading to 4.4.2?

This is a discussion on Downgrading to 4.4.2? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ever since AT&T pushed the 4.4.4 update to my Galaxy S5 Active I've had the same problem every day that

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to AlienVibes

Ever since AT&T pushed the 4.4.4 update to my Galaxy S5 Active I've had the same problem every day that when I press the home button it goes to google and not home. This has been the most frustrating thing I ever experienced with a phone. I have a swipe up utility app that prevents this, but it makes the phone VERY slow and laggy. I can clear the cache in recovery settings, it does speed the phone up but of course it's not permanent. I started looking stuff up tonight about updating to 5.0. Every time I try it tells me my firmware is up to date. I saw a post on one android forum which of course I can't find it now, but it was talking about using Samsung Kies 3 to downgrade back to 4.4.2. Which, is the OS my phone had when it worked flawlessly. I downloaded kies, I've been looking on it. I backed everything up on my phone already using kies. But, when I look at the guide for it that's on kies, I follow it just as it says. When I pull up the part to select the device for recovery, it doesn't show up with my phone. Even though I backed my stuff up, and in the upper left it does show my phone connected. I'm not sure why it's not showing my phone. I will try anything to get the phone back to 4.4.2. As long as it doesn't concern rooting it. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about rooting the active, and I have no experience with it and do not want to mess my phone up. I'm gonna be up all night probably looking into this. If I happen to figure it out, I'll be sure to come back here and say so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Try this here:

Home button on my S5 and Google Now - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Old 02-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to AlienVibes

That's a forum I tried a while back. The only help I was able to get was the Swipeup utility. But, I found a video on how to change back to 4.4.2 using Odin.

I followed the video exactly, except instead of download it for the S5 I downloaded it for the S5 active. And, my phone is now back to 4.4.2 and working flawlessly.
Closed Thread