Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Copy of screen stuck on phone

This is a discussion on Copy of screen stuck on phone within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so at work I had my HTC 626 in my pocket, and my pocket or something could interact with

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stancestans
  • 1 Post By Stancestans
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, so at work I had my HTC 626 in my pocket, and my pocket or something could interact with the touch screen and a bunch of stuff ended up changing, like the flashlight was on and the screen was unlocked and stuff. Changing all the stuff back worked, except now on my screen there is a copy of the screen that I can move around and resize. Restarting didn't fix it, and I would take a screenshot and upload it, but it says "Couldn't capture screenshot. Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space, or it isn't allowed by the app or your organization." I have over 1 GB free, so space isn't the issue. I couldn't find any settings for it. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

I just tried using a screen recorder to put it in a video editor and get an image since screenshots won't work, but it just shows a gray overlay where the copy is, but without the actual copy of the screen in the recording, even though it is there. Also, i meant an HTC Desire 626, not just HTC 626.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:10 AM   #3
Game Team Tech

hard reset htc 626

https://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-desire-626/howto/638235.html

back up contacts media documents etc before doing this

Old 04-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

I don't know how to do a full backup of phone including apps, networks, contacts, media, etc. Plus, shouldn't there be a way to fix it without a factory reset?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5wingo123 View Post
I don't know how to do a full backup of phone including apps, networks, contacts, media, etc. Plus, shouldn't there be a way to fix it without a factory reset?
I've never seen or heard of a phone doing anything like what you describe. I'm sure I'm not the only one. When a factory reset is recommended, you're basically being told there seems to be no other known or documented way of fixing it. You can Google for detailed information about backing up your android phone.
Deejay100six likes this.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
Registered Member

I have done Google searches for a detailed backup, but haven't found anything that backs up everything.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #7
Registered Member

Also, I did some looking around, and it looks like its possible some developer options were changed, like show surface updates was enabled when i first looked at the phone until after I restarted it, so this could be a result of one of those settings.

EDIT: I figured it out, a developer option was enabled called "Simulate secondary displays". Setting this to None fixed it, I'll set this thread to solved now!
Old 04-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Set a proper screen lock to avoid accidental unlocking in a pocket. Haven't you heard? There are little invisible men working hard to entangle earphones in pockets and operate your phone while you're not looking!
jdsmort likes this.
Closed Thread