Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Can't add a favorite in the Google maps app

This is a discussion on Can't add a favorite in the Google maps app within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It simply says "Can't add this place" Some it has pics of, so maybe that is required to do so.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

It simply says "Can't add this place" Some it has pics of, so maybe that is required to do so. I don't need a picture just the address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

How are you typing the address in Google Maps? Do note that Google Maps may have it incorrect then what it is called locally.

For example, some places in the United States uses the geographic coordinates as the location. So N123W4567 Main Street may be known without a space locally, but to Google the actual address is N123 W4567 Main Street. Notice the added space.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

I don't know what you are referring to but you can add a star to the map by " dropping a pin" to do that you press your finger on the map until it shows a pin then tap it again, there should be a slide up screen (from bottom) and in that slide up screen tap the star symbol And a star will be put on the map. if you want to ever remove that star you select it again and tap the star symbol again turning it off and it will disappear
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with possible Virus/Malware - DDS couldn't run
Hello, First, thank you for any help you can provide. I believe there is something wrong with at least one, if not more, computers in my home. I haven't been very safe recently, and did download some files from p2p sites. I noticed after a couple months that my computer started to run a...
rschou Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 10 01-23-2017 07:13 PM
Malware on my PC
Hey Guys, I have recently had malware on my PC and I need some help in removing it. I think I know how I managed to get this installed (or the program which installed it). I also know that "uSearch Bar = hxxp://public-box.ru/start uSearch Page = hxxp://public-box.ru/start" and other 'websites'...
konradgoat Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 8 10-14-2016 02:05 PM
DSL Modem problems
So I've always been with Virgin and I haven't had this problem, it might be that it's a modem limitation or something that's just not possible with DSL. The DSL cable is plugged into the modem and the modem has all the correct lights to tell me that it's working. It's a new locked BT OpenReach...
Im2BeastX Networking Support 11 05-21-2014 01:53 PM
Iphone google search app
Every time I go to google with safari on my iphone 4 a banner asking to show google search app appears from within safari. I already have google search app installed. I have not found any setting to make this stop. So each time I need to hit the X to close the banner then proceed. Does anyone know...
joeny0706 Apple iOS 0 11-25-2013 08:09 PM
I AM AT THE END OF MY PATIENCE WITH 2ND BSOD
I have a dell vostro 420 with windows xp sp3. I got my second BSOD yesterday. They both happened on a reboot and the first was after a virus scan that i do once a week and it was clean. the second came after a Microsoft update but the errors shown in bluescreenView are totally the same. I though...
mrjohncougar BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 75 01-23-2013 09:44 AM