Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

camcorder or phone?

This is a discussion on camcorder or phone? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to figure out whether I should keep using my camcorder. Nobody else is using one, just their

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to figure out whether I should keep using my camcorder. Nobody else is using one, just their dumb phones. I wonder if this is laziness, the fact that they will never look at their home videos on a big screen or if cell phones have at last caught up with camcorders.

Yes, I know. You need the specs to tell me. But I'm wondering if I can get a ballpark idea. I am using an Android grand prime phone and my camcorder is an hd jvc from about 9-10 yrs ago. Which will give me better picture and sound? Also, I know with a phone you need a lot of memory for videos. I have just been using the sd card that came with it. I don't know what it's capacity is.

Hope someone can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

In general, these days video camcorder on phones performed very well. For example, the new Samsung Galaxy S8 does 4k video.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
Registered Member

Anyone?
Old 05-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

DBCooper gave you an excellent response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Hi there,

In general, these days video camcorder on phones performed very well. For example, the new Samsung Galaxy S8 does 4k video.
Newer smartphones have done an excellent job at video/picture recording. If you want something more, then a camcorder would be the next step. All depends what you take video for.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Why carry two devices when one will do the trick?? I admit that I'm of no help in this matter......my Panasonic PV-53 is so old it's a VHS-C and hasn't been used for many years. I do not have a smartphone but if I wanted to take videos I would sure get one. I have a plain cell phone that I take with me when I leave the house......nothing special.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to transfer videos/pictures from Android devices to your computer. Other tutorials will explain how to play videos stored on your PC on a TV. Many more options are available than when I was much younger. My "video" was an 8mm camera good for ~4 minutes of film back in the 70's. In the 80's it was a bulky video cam that you hooked up to your VHS recorder.....kind of limited in range by the cables. 90's was a VHS-C that would give you complete mobility....that's where I stopped.....

Enjoy the options you have today.....I didn't have them.