Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Bixby on Stock S8

This is a discussion on Bixby on Stock S8 within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey yall I still have a UNROOTED galaxy S8, problem is the pos glass is cracked so I have i

Old 05-28-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

hey yall I still have a UNROOTED galaxy S8, problem is the pos glass is cracked so I have i in a destruction proof case so I don't lose pieces off the back, BUT the little rubber push button on the case broke off so now he only way to access the power menu is to remove the case, them I get to put the broken glass back together and restart my phone,

Now, I DO NOT USE BIXBY, so....is there ANY way to make that useless bixby button work as a power menu button? I've tried every app on google play and not a one works
I'm seriously considering doing the insurance thing, since I have it but im kinda scared that they don't make the S8 or parts anymore and I'll be forced to get a new phone, $900 for a 6x3 piece of glass that breaks is not a good deal
wolfen1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Since you have it, highly recommend going the insurance route.

If your insurance cannot find the parts to fix it for some reason, CellularCountry.com would probably have a suitable replacement in "Excellent" condition for maybe $300-$350 or so.
SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

well I dont have to anymore, I was in teh parking lot at Lowe's in Roanoke Rapids and my boss called me telling me we go back to regular hours again, so I said "OK" went to slip the S8 in my back pocket and missed, the life proof case it was in didn't even break a bot, not even a scratch, the S8 however sounds like sand mixed with metal when you shake it :(....I now have a S20+ the insurance said I need to upgrade because my S8 was too outdated :(
Now I'm Navigating through the S20, like a dumba** I used smart switch instead of rooting it immediately and replacing the OS with the one from the S8 that I had on the computer till this morning,so I lost all my data, all my saved passwords, and certain 3rd party apps I need I have to hind again
wolfen1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Great to hear your getting back to the steady 'ol plod of work and the resultant paycheck.

Not so great to hear about your phone troubles. <Sheesh!> What a PITA eh? New house, new phones, new computers and even a new love ... can all be a bit of a pain at times.
SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote