Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

App downloading but not opening

This is a discussion on App downloading but not opening within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've got a Hudl 2 tablet which uses Android v.5.1 I've used the Google Play apps store to download the

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

I've got a Hudl 2 tablet which uses Android v.5.1

I've used the Google Play apps store to download the Rail Planner app produced by the Eurail Group. However when I try to open it via the icon, I get the message, 'Unfortunately, Rail planner has stopped'. I've removed the app and reloaded it but with the same result. Other apps appear to download and open without difficulties.

Any ideas as what may be causing the problem and more importantly, what can be done to rectify it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

It may be that the application is not optimized for that tablet. Applications need to have approval lists for them to be installed on certain devices, perhaps they accidentally selected that unit.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for your response.

So is the issue with the application or my tablet? Either way, is there anything I can do to correct the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

I'd say its a problem with the application.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I tried it on my phone running 4.4.2 and it works fine.
Closed Thread