Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Android version 5.1

This is a discussion on Android version 5.1 within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All I have just bought a new android phone Version 5.1 and it will not let me download any

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All
I have just bought a new android phone Version 5.1 and it will not let me download any apps when I try to do it I am getting error code

ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME.

How can I put this right I have just replaced a phone with Version 4.2.2 and did not get this problem.

Thanks
Norman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

What is the brand/model of phone do you have?

Old 01-14-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Moderator - Networking

Android and the play store are currently the bain of my existence.

Try clearing the play store cache on your phone:

Settings --> Storage & USB --> Apps --> Google Play Store --> Clear Cache.

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi
It is a HyRich android 5.1 3G smart phone, yes sorry one of the Chinese phones but I had my last one for 4 years and it was brilliant still working but has a cracked screen so that is why I have this one.

I only use my phone for emails texting and messaging and getting on the internet so much better to have the apps.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Finally set it up yesterday after a struggle and then turned it on this morning utter chaos lost all my email information and would not log on to the internet again.

Bought phone through Amazon so returned as faulty.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
Registered Member

For anyone that have this problem in the future, a temporary solution would be to install the apk. You can get safe, signed ones from apkmirror.com
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JoniCoupon File Type
I had a JoniCoupon infection at some point, years ago. Since then, I was under the impression I had killed it (using SuperAntiSpyware and others). But bizarrely, it has someone infected filed and has become a file type! More specifically, it has been infecting savegames from... games. If you...
MentalParadox Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 22 08-10-2016 12:33 AM
Internet Explorer stops responding or runs slow
I have an older laptop with an Intel processor and 4GB of RAM running Vista. I am having issues which seem mainly to be in Internet Explorer and to a lesser extent in other programs as well. There are times when going into Windwos Mail that I get a message at the top of the page that says not...
jackdup Resolved HJT Threads 61 01-03-2015 03:15 PM
Checkup 02.23.14
I don't notice any signs of malware, but I need to know if my laptop is completely clean and make sure nothing is hidden. I've done scans with avira, eset online, malware bytes and super antispyware and all reported clean results, but an opinion from an expert would be really nice. If someone...
maxima2k2 Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-03-2014 07:09 PM
Multiple computer issues, Win Explorer stops responding
I'm having numerous issues on my computer, all of them starting a couple weeks ago. The problems include: random shut downs, missing desktop icons, applications hang when starting, unable to stop processes using task manager (and sometimes unable to even start task manager), unable to shut down...
Ugarte Resolved HJT Threads 9 06-28-2014 09:32 AM
Bad Image errors
Hi there, I've just started suffering from Bad Image errors when trying to run certain exe files on my Win 7 PC with error message saying that certain exe and dll files are "either not designed to run in Windows or contains an error". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Festoon Resolved HJT Threads 26 10-15-2013 06:32 AM