Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

User Tag List

Access text messages via WiFi?

This is a discussion on Access text messages via WiFi? within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is it possible to send / receive my text messages via a WIFI access point? I live in a dead

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

Is it possible to send / receive my text messages via a WIFI access point? I live in a dead zone. I have to walk down the street just to receive text messages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 02:54 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

How to Reply To Android SMS with Windows 10 - Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/234608/how...android-phone/
hope those help some.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #3
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

If your mobile carrier provides RCS (Rich Communication Services) support, you can use the Android Messages app by Google if your android phone doesn't already have it pre-installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventVwr View Post
Is it possible to send / receive my text messages via a WIFI access point? I live in a dead zone. I have to walk down the street just to receive text messages.
There's apps for this. One I know of is MightyText.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:28 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Agree with stance, Messages works great..

Old 08-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #6
Registered Member

To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi. It will help you if you use iPhone.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory
Hi In A domain environment when i rest a user password from active directory users and computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password. He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings. This issue is only affecting few users. connection to...
plumpf Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 12-25-2013 01:46 AM
Laptops connected to wifi, internet access, but not loading websites
Currently living in a large household of 4 adults. We all have laptops and smartphones connected to the wireless. 4 smartphones and 2 Win7 laptops connect to the wifi flawlessly. 2 Win8 laptops connect to the wifi but one has limited access and the other is labelled as having internet access even...
starjammer Networking Support 1 02-24-2013 07:19 AM
[SOLVED] Need Help, Cannot upload to the internet at all
So for the past several months I have not been allowed to upload to the internet. When i click upload, it starts to upload, but quickly stops and i can see the upload speed count down to 0. My entire internet then disconnects and after 30sec - 1 min the internet returns. If i am very lucky and have...
NeedHelpzzz Networking Support 20 11-22-2012 10:07 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Placing YouTube Video Code
Hello all, I am working with a CSS based template. I would like to post the following YouTube video code: <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="293" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_7wSn8yVla4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>V INTO THE FOLLOWING CODE...
Acer2000 Web Design & Development 7 04-23-2011 12:07 PM