Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

User Tag List

Where to DL Win2016 Server Trial

This is a discussion on Where to DL Win2016 Server Trial within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am looking to find the link on Microsoft Server 2016 trial. Can someone please reply to this with

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stancestans

Old 02-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I am looking to find the link on Microsoft Server 2016 trial. Can someone please reply to this with the link?

Thank you,

Wonder Woman
WndrWmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

A google search will get you there...

tristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

What @tristar said.
tristar likes this.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2020, 05:46 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Funny how the first thought is to post on a forum and wait for an answer that you could get yourself in a matter of seconds.

> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...s-server-2016/

JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Posting in this form was not my first attempt I just didnít mention what I had already done. I went directly to The Microsoft Support page and did a search on their site using the criteria windows 2016 server trial download and the links I got on Microsoftís own search engine results pointed to office not to server 2016 at all. I felt that if I could not get the proper answer from Microsoft on support site I did not want to rely upon having to trust something from some Google search result. My opinion is if you donít know who youíre downloading from on something in the way of an operating system you should not trust it.

That is why I came here and posted. I am still looking for a link if anybody happens to have one.

Thank you for your time and help.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WndrWmn View Post
Posting in this form was not my first attempt I just didnít mention what I had already done. I went directly to The Microsoft Support page and did a search on their site using the criteria windows 2016 server trial download and the links I got on Microsoftís own search engine results pointed to office not to server 2016 at all. I felt that if I could not get the proper answer from Microsoft on support site I did not want to rely upon having to trust something from some Google search result. My opinion is if you donít know who youíre downloading from on something in the way of an operating system you should not trust it.

That is why I came here and posted. I am still looking for a link if anybody happens to have one.

Thank you for your time and help.
It's time you learn to use Google or some other Web search engine and how to identify trustworthy results from bogus ones. A Google search for "server 2016 trial" that I just did had the first four results pointing straight to Microsoft's website. Common sense would dictate you trust the results that point to Microsoft's website and NOT any other website. You searched in the wrong Microsoft webpage.

JimE just gave you the link!
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
Registered Member

You are right and I was wrong when I didnít get the proper answers from Support (DOT) Microsoft etc. it threw me for a loop and I will say annoyed me. You are correct I shouldíve just gone to google because after my reply post I did just that and I found what I was looking for and much more. I discovered that Microsoft has a software evaluation center that allows you to download trial versions of a lot of different versions of software. Consider me sufficiently inappropriately chastised.

I think I let my frustration with my cheap school that I am attending for three of the CompTIA certifications get the better of me. I am being put through the school by the new Jersey Department of labor vocational rehabilitation division. The school that they sent me to is the most piece of crap school Iíve ever experienced. It is small and the guy is hodgepodge and the three classes that I am taking together in anyway he can to teach without providing teachers and without having any kind of a tech lab. We are mostly on self-study (thereís only three people total including myself in the classes) and first he gave us lab simulations to do all by ourselves plus professor Messer videos right off of YouTube plus the casenotes professor Messer plus e-books plus search blasters again all of which is self study. Now that I finally complained to my counselor at vocational rehab he is now trying to cobble together any person he can find through online consulting sites to hire tax to go over materials with us and teach us things he is still not providing us with any in person teachers and he claims that there will be a lesson plan provided to these people but everything heís been giving so far has been lipservice only and I suspect that is only going to get worse when I get into the next two courses which are network+ and security+ because right now we are on the A+ certification. I am getting what is called additional benefits during training (ABT) and cannot financially afford to screw that up by complaining again to my counselor but the classes are only supposed to last until April and there have been no oversight to make sure I am sufficiently for a long enough in my learning to know whether I am on target or not on target and with our teachers Iím afraid of the next two classes. I let my frustration get the better of me and just totally disregarded Google so yes I did blow it people and yes I shouldíve gone to Google first.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:39 AM   #8
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Did you get the page you need ? if not this may help https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...s-server-2016/

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:12 AM   #9
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Voc. Rehab programs have a "success" rate of 57%. Success is measured by the fact that the enrolled person got a job after successful completion of the course/program. It doesn't specify what kind of job or even if was in the field trained for. IMO the various state programs are a failure. I am not referring to VA programs for which I have no info.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote