Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

User Tag List

Suddenly choppy/stuttery (packet loss) gameplay without FPS drops - only in RL

This is a discussion on Suddenly choppy/stuttery (packet loss) gameplay without FPS drops - only in RL within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, please, I am asking you for big help. I am a bit desperate now . Any help would

Old 03-29-2020, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone,

please, I am asking you for big help. I am a bit desperate now. Any help would be fantastic.

Since about 2,5 months ago my Rocket League started stuttering (major packet loss) at HEATED/INTENSE moments (so more often in 3v3 than in 1v1 matches), feeling like the game dropped FPS from 200 (my usual) to 20 for just a milisecond. But as some of you know, in RL 1 millisecond is everything.

This is now applicable to all game modes and any RL game is just hard to play for me - the rather frequent packet loss makes me whiff more than necessary.

This is now a MAJOR issue which is making me unable to play Rocket League. For the past 12 days I have been discussing this issue with some nvidia support guy over here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...out-fps-drops/. Please, if you are serious about helping me, read through that thread. So that you do not suggest something I have already done. But, nevertheless, the key takeaways:
  • this started happening 2 months ago. Way before any lockdowns were triggered. Sudden increase in online traffic is NOT the cause.
  • this happens only to Rocket league on my PC at home. I also play ranked in LoL and AoE2 DE and they are OK - they have much longer match times, so I would know
  • the cause is not IN MY PC per se. I have tested Rocket league in my friend's place on my PC and monitor, different wired ISP, and it was smooth. It certainly is not a hardware or software issue on my side
  • i have played RL with several players and described my issue to them over the past month. Nobody experienced anything similar.
  • please, feel free to check this google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mu?usp=sharing. Which contains all my important screenshots. As of now, only the hop tracing screenshots are important as they show one traced connection to a RL server (I found the hostname after checking in cmd prompt for -nestat -b/-f after a RL ranked). The other screenshots are just hardware tests during a FIRESTRIKE test run.
  • one of those screenshots is from me (the one which ran for a lot of intervals), while the other (19-20 intervals) is from my ISP who claim everything is OK on their side. **But the issue MUST be somehow on their side**. You can see that they are evidently VERY lazy to bother trying anything.

Thanks for reading this far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day
gilifire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement