I'm debating wether this goes here or in Windows10 support, but here goes:
I recently had an internet upgrade to 500/500mbit, which runs perfectly.
I have two computers on my LAN, both sporting Windows10, bot with Gbit ethernet cards, and both connected to my router via Cat5E cables. They both manage to negotiate Gbit LAN with the router.
When I run speedtest.net or my ISP's own speedtest; Tag speedtest ? Test din bredbånd hastighed her | Waoo
They both show around 500/500Mbit.
My problem is, when I download files from any source or service, on one machine they come in seconds, on the other they take hours.
Example: I download the 1GB test file from https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download
and on one PC it takes 20 seconds, on the other it takes 10 minutes.
If I run the speedtest on the site, on the slow computer it only shows a download of 17Mbit while on the other it shows 300+
I have updated drivers on the ethernet cards, updated firmware on the router, there's no settings on the router hindering DL speeds.
I have disabled QoS on the slow computer.
I have disabled AV and firewall.
I have swapped network cables and tried diffenret ports on the router.
I have closed all backgrounds apps in windows.
.... and nothing helps, the downloads are still slow