Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

User Tag List

Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

This is a discussion on Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to share a folder between computers. The first computer has the file on it and I shared it

Old 03-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm trying to share a folder between computers. The first computer has the file on it and I shared it with all privledges (read/write/etc..) for all users. It is a Win 7 home computer so its not a domain account.

The second computer is on the domain. I get "\\computer 1 is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use this network resource. Contact the admin of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" when I try to access that computer in the "network" tab on the left of the "My computer" window.

I tried a few guides that told me to edit things on the local group policy on the server, but they didn't work.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I didn't set the computers up this way and adding it to the domain is the last option that I don't want to do.

Quote:
Please do not create multiple threads about the same issue.

If you have no reply to your thread within 48 hours, you may reply to your own thread with the message, "Bump please". This will bring your thread back to the top of the list.

Quote:
MULTIPLE POSTING

This refers to posting the same question or same replies in multiple areas of the site (also called flooding). Please post only once. If you feel you have posted in the wrong forum, contact a Moderator or Manager, who will move the post for you. This also includes the creation of multiple new threads on the same or similar topics and sending PM's continuously to one or more Staff members.

Rules
candyman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement