Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

User Tag List

How to I join two ethernet cables ?

This is a discussion on How to I join two ethernet cables ? within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How to I join two ethernet cables without using a switch ? They are same as cat5 cables right ?

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

How to I join two ethernet cables without using a switch ?
They are same as cat5 cables right ?

Is there some sort of adapter to connect two together ?

If so, what is it called ?

Are they cheap to buy ?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

If you are wanting to connect two cables to make one longer one, this should do the trick:

Ziotek RJ45 Coupler F/F Straight Connector ZT1800500 - Cyberguys.com
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Slow Ethernet
Hi there! I hope you clever people can please help me out with this for I've run out of ideas now. I've just completed a new build PC with a clean XP Professional (SP3) install in my study upstairs to replace an ageing but fully functional PC downstairs. I linked onto my home network with no...
Margrove Networking Support 9 03-18-2011 06:51 AM
Ethernet issue
Hi everyone, This site has saved me many times before (lurking through google). Today I discovered a really weird problem with my ethernet port. When I plug my computer into the ethernet, I get nothing--it thinks there's not even a cord plugged in, no lights, no internet connection, no local...
backwardstg Networking Support 5 03-06-2011 04:13 PM
[SOLVED] Is my Ethernet port dead???
Greetings TSF, Just got home from school today and my dad told me that there was a blackout an hour before I came home. I turn on my desktop and now it can't connect to the internet. The modem and router are working fine. But when I look at the back panel of my computer, I see that the Ethernet...
ajcc323 Networking Support 11 03-03-2011 05:50 AM
Wireless and Ethernet ???
Hello, I'm new to this forum but have been using a computer for several years. I don't understand the jargon and need simple instructions (I am a woman afterall ...!!). :rolleyes: I have a problem with my wireless / ethernet connection settings and I don't know how to correct this. My laptop...
raine9471 Networking Support 3 02-15-2011 09:55 AM
Incomplete XP sp3 Ethernet Boot-Up
PC Hardware Troubleshooting - Ethernet Network Interface Initialization Problems Hardware: A 6-year old Gateway 825 GM Desktop Computer - Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3 - Phoenix BIOS - Built-in Marvel Yukon 88 E 8050 Gigabit Ethernet - Hard wired with an Ethernet cable to a D-Link DIR 825 V 1.01 Router...
emg-gwy Other Hardware Support 2 01-15-2011 08:35 PM