Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

User Tag List

Can't connect to Game servers

This is a discussion on Can't connect to Game servers within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. At some point during the day, my Router (Linksys WRT120N) became unplugged from the powerstrip, after being powered back up,

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trash

At some point during the day, my Router (Linksys WRT120N) became unplugged from the powerstrip, after being powered back up, I suddenly can't connect to ANY game servers at all. (I always get some variation of "Login failed: Connection failed" It appears immediately, as if I had no internet access at all) My web browsing capability is perfectly fine on both machine connected to my router.

I have tried pinging the IP of many of the game servers that I can no longer authenticate with, and have always received responses. In most games, the console will tell me that "You didn't connect, but they didn't tell us why not." I.E. "Connection to x.x.x.x:x failed; no error"

Plugging one of the PCs directly into my modem results in said machine getting "Limited or no connectivity"

I have literally NEVER had any sort of issues with this, even on day one, I simply followed the instructions to hook up my gear, and everything has worked swimmingly up until today.

I have tried disabling both my Windows and Router Firewall, this changed nothing, certain games require particular ports to be open, so even despite never having to have done such a thing previously, i forwarded them, this also changed nothing.

I have no active anti-virus. I use AviraAVG and Ad-Aware, and only boot them on a schedule to check for infections, otherwise they are always off.

As I said before, I have literally NEVER had ANY sort of issues with this particular network before, I have been troubleshooting this issue for upwards of 6 hours now, and am indeed on the verge of rolling my own car over my cranium.

Any sort of help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
TSF Emeritus

reset the router to factory specs and reconfigure from scratch.

AV and Antimalware should run all the time or they can't prevent infections.
Closed Thread