Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Waive court processes for arbitration?

This is a discussion on Waive court processes for arbitration? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey all! I'm currently working with a recruiting firm that is looking to place someone with an MSP. I was

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

Hey all!

I'm currently working with a recruiting firm that is looking to place someone with an MSP. I was called for it and everything looks great so far. Looking at 5K more per year and a stable company. I was sent some documents today that, in so many words, would mean me forfeiting any legal/court-based remedy for grievances and instead go with arbitration. While I don't anticipate EVER needing this I have a feeling that agreeing would be a mistake. I've never had to sign such an agreement before which only adds to my hesitance. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The higher you go corporately, the more complicated a contract or agreement becomes. Enforcement is based on "reasonableness" of the requirement. This is particularly true of non-compete clauses as to duration and geographical scope. Arbitration is a great way for both sides to save money and court costs. The AAA is the usual provider of one or three arbitrators depending on the size and scope of the case. There are two types, binding and nonbinding. A less intrusive/abrasive method is called mediation. One good thing about either is the rules of evidence don't apply like in court so practical solutions are more likely. I served as an expert witness for many construction related arbitration's.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I asked my wife about it and was amazed at how much she knows about it. I went ahead and dotted the T's and crossed the I's on the form.
Closed Thread