04-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Join Date: Apr 2016
OS: Windows 7 SP 1
Hello, I am a 21 years old high school graduate with 2 years experience as a waiter, romanian nationality with hungarian ID and passport.
I'd like to build a career in IT in UK, so far I have a diploma as Computer Operator (basic computing and Microsoft Office), experience repairing computers, setting up and troubleshooting routers.
I am planning to get certificates in the following order:
A+ > MSCA Server 2008,2012, VMWare Network
*N+ > Cisco Switching & Routing > Later on:RHCA (if needed) > S+
1. Should I modify the order of certificates?
2. What is the REAL (job requirements are exaggerated to limit applications as I understand) requirements for an entry help desk job?
3. In which city is bigger requirement for support technicians?
4. Is college required for System/Network Administrator position or experience as Tech Support and certificates suffice?
5. If not, a degree in Automation is accepted in UK by recruiters ( has less programming and more networking than Computer Science, of course validated trough NARC) or an Open Online University degree is recognised?
5.* Do I need a Cambridge language certificate to attest my level of english communication?
6.What are the differences between Help Desk Support Tehnician/Engineer, Service Desk Support, and are there any more classifications? Which one are entry level, which is a steping stone to Sys Admin?
7. Working in an IT Service can be a steping stone to Sys Admin?
Any other advices are welcome.
Thank you for your time.