Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Study books + Kindle E reader

This is a discussion on Study books + Kindle E reader within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience reading study books such as the Microsoft Press study books

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience reading study books such as the Microsoft Press study books on the Kindle E Reader (or similar) and if they could share their experiences or recommendations?

It would be a convert from PDF to Kindle format.

Cheers

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

As I have a Kindle Fire, it would be really difficult to read a study book effectively on one. Study book for tech products are especially difficult because they have so much information spread out all over the book. They are books you want to flip around and highlight a lot of things. If you want to go this route, just be warned that it will be a lot more problematic than just going out and buying an actual book.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Yeah, it totally depends on how you study. If you flip and highlight, like TSZ mentions, using an e-reader might be difficult.

My experience with Kindle-formatted books has been disappointing. Kindle changes around formatting (or eliminates it entirely!) in the books I've seen... OK for novels, but horrible for study guides or technical manuals. Not sure how well Kindle handles conversion from PDF. My iPad displays PDFs natively, which works great.
Closed Thread