Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Security+ vs CASP

This is a discussion on Security+ vs CASP within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, I have a question regarding certs. My Security+ is set to expire in the next 2 months, and

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding certs. My Security+ is set to expire in the next 2 months, and where I work it is a requirement. My employer has given me the option of either getting my Security+ again or getting my CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification). In 6 months our contract is up for renewal so my job isn't guaranteed past that. I just learned of the CASP 1 day ago and was curious which would be better to have. The CASP seems to go into a little more depth than the Security+ I think, but I was curious on my resume which one would be better assuming I only have time to get 1 of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

If you only have time to get one of them, get Security+ before your certification expires. You can always work on CASP afterwards.

I haven't heard much buzz about CASP in the industry... it's not as well known as Security+ or CISSP.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey thanks for the quick reply, I think I will go ahead with Security+ for now. I couldn't really find any real documentation about the CASP, other than someone trying to sell me study guides about it. I guess it's still a pretty new standard from CompTIA that hasn't got much attention just yet, or something.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help..xp bsod when i run virus scan.
Hi, this is Troy, i have windows xp with sp3 and i everytime i run a virus scan and have run multiple kinds from windows to maleware bytes...you name it. I get to a point in the scan where i get a blue screen and then computer shuts down. When i run it with out doing a scan the computer stays on....
sootherlol Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 02-18-2013 05:31 PM
IE7 cannot connect with secure sites
Hi...my problem with IE7 may well be part of a bigger problem. However at the moment every time I try to connect with microsoft.com or other M/soft sites I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". The same applies with any site resembling anti virus s/ware or other...
raringer Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 6 05-21-2012 11:27 AM
virus removal help
:smile::smile: thanks in advance for any help you can provide. i have been a member on the forum for a number of yrs, and you have helped me in the past. i started to see my pc slow down so i did all the standard (cleaning, delete all tmp files, etc) it did not help. then i notice that i was...
stroh Resolved HJT Threads 50 03-04-2012 07:06 AM
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM
Probably Phished; Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while"verifying startup pr
Hi there, E here. Probably got Phished while signing into redbox.com located via google search vice saved link :( Multiple Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while "verifying startup programs" forcing reboot; linking attach.zip to post also froze pc requiring reboot. 2nd attempt at...
ebernheisel Resolved HJT Threads 50 09-29-2011 11:27 AM