Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

School and path

This is a discussion on School and path within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, So ,here iam back again for some questions.i have started college with a major of computer information systems

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,
So ,here iam back again for some questions.i have started college with a major of computer information systems and technology,and iam liking it .but just how life is ,you always looking for something better and better opportunities .I have found a school strictly for IT.
Have anybody heard about WGU university?(western governors university)
So ,this is the deal with this school .
It is accredited .
Also as long as you are on the field or if you have any certification you be able to join it.
If you have a certification they give you credit for it.
It's online degree.
It's cheaper than the regulars schools.

Now,they have an awesome program for networking admin,in which is the path that I want to choose .

https://www.wgu.edu/online_it_degrees...networks_admin

And some other ones as well.
So in this program I will learn English courses and math as well ,but different than the other colleges ,I will learn strictly IT staff(that's amazing)'!!!!!
In another hand computer information systems and technology doesn't learn much IT.

Now, my question is ...is it worth it doing online degrees ?rather than going to school and sitting in a class room?any problems finding a job in the future ?!
What are you guys opinion about this university?!
Should I dropped the school that iam now to do this one in which it fits more to my needs?

Any feedback is appreciated

Thank you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

Anyone around ?!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

You don't need a degree to get started in IT. A degree will simply open up opportunities to you later in your career that would otherwise be unavailable to you, such as management and supervisory roles.

Additionally, online degrees from for-profit schools are generally met with some degree of skepticism. Can you get a good education at a for-profit school? Yes... but that doesn't mean that all employers will value those degrees just as much as they do traditional degrees. Some will. Is it worth it? Hard to say... but I decided to go to a state-run university and got a traditional Bachelors degree.
Closed Thread