Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

S/W Developer in a consulting firm vs S/W Developer in a product development company?

This is a discussion on S/W Developer in a consulting firm vs S/W Developer in a product development company? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got two offers right now ( both software developer job, one in an technical consulting firms and another a

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I got two offers right now ( both software developer job, one in an technical consulting firms and another a well known product development firm ) and I want to look them in terms of career growth. Which one is better in terms of career growth? The former involves working in a lots of projects with different clients and different technologies while the latter involves working in a particular project and technology for a long period of time. Which is better in terms of salary, promotions, amount of work, fun elements in work, experience for doing a MBA. As a junior developer with his first job out of college, which will help me in standing in a good stead? Jack of all trades or master of one? Please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

it really depends upon the company, what they actually offer their employees, the size of the company and other factors. YOu need to see what you can get out of them in your own personal developmental goals as to what you can use if you left the company.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeit View Post
it really depends upon the company, .
I understand it really depends on the company. But I am confused in terms of the job profile or what the profile can offer me. Both are very good companies. But one will be dealing with different clients,technologies and different timely projects. In the other one, I will be dealing with the development on their own product and it will be the same technology I will be working throughout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur2cdanger View Post
I understand it really depends on the company. But I am confused in terms of the job profile or what the profile can offer me. Both are very good companies. But one will be dealing with different clients,technologies and different timely projects. In the other one, I will be dealing with the development on their own product and it will be the same technology I will be working throughout.
there is absolutely no way to tell you that. it is just a title, every company expects different things but use the same or similar titles. you will have to make your own decision based on your actual knowledge of the company- something nobody on tsf has.