Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Question about CCNA Exam

This is a discussion on Question about CCNA Exam within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I have very basic knowledge about networking and I decided to start preparing for CCNA exam (ICND1 and

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,

I have very basic knowledge about networking and I decided to start preparing for CCNA exam (ICND1 and then ICND2).

For me as a beginner, what is the best study guide to understand the material and pass the exam?

What about lab materials (practical materials), how can I get lab materials for the exam?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

You shouldn't be taking it. The CCNA is meant for people who have real world on the job experience of managing a network using cisco switches etc. It is not meant for people who want to do that as a living.

certifications for the most part are designed to backup a persons experience level apart from entry level certifications like compTIA A+ and compTIA network+ and the odd microsoft client exam.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

ICND1 (CCENT) is the entry level certification for CISCO and ICND1 together with ICND2 is CCNA. which itself is mostly based on theory and doesn't really require a professional experience of managing a network. Basic networking knowledge beforehand is recommended though.
Certifications - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

For preparation, I would suggest you watch the video lectures of CBT Nuggets by Jeremy. Cisco's own certification guide is also quite good for the prep.

edited for mentioning illegal practices.

Regards,
Mohsin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Enthusiast

My System

sorry your post is going to be edited for mention dumps and taling about using software which you can only use if your licensed to do so through CISCO and you are also getting a warning.
Closed Thread