Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Pros and Cons of being self-employed?

This is a discussion on Pros and Cons of being self-employed? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I would like to get advice and opinions from you please. I have been offered a job to

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

I would like to get advice and opinions from you please.

I have been offered a job to work for a company as a self-employed IT Helpdesk Support. There are a few issues circulating in my mind about being self-employed. My first issue is the lack of work if it goes dry, therefore no pay etc. Secondly, my next issue is being laid off for any reasons or another without a payoff.

Is there anyone currently working self employed for a company and what issues have you had, if any?

Thank you for your support in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

I am not self employed but I can offer this if you have no previous experience then take it as the more experience you have the more attractive to future employers you look.

With being self employed make sure you get testamonies from customers and the company you work self employed in to put on your resume/cv
Old 11-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

Take the chance especially for experience. It's better than nothing. And you'll also have the chance of meeting other people and creating social links that could help you find a better job or better company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
Registered Member

Why not to try simply? You will not lose anything. Even if it is not the experience you wanted, it will be just an experience. It will not work bad for you.
Closed Thread