Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Path Guidance

This is a discussion on Path Guidance within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi My current place of employment has asked me to come up with a plan of action to take over

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

My current place of employment has asked me to come up with a plan of action to take over from our external IT provider and manage it in house and eventually start offer IT related services to our current client base. Basically they want to tap into the IT market and thankfully I have been chosen to spearhead this initiative.

Currently I have no official qualification and would be described as self taught for most of my IT knowledge but I know that if the company I work for wants to be able to generate revenue for IT related services that client would rather trust a company with certified professional in IT as opposed to self taught.

With that in mind I have tried my best to come out with a path to become certified and it follows as such:

The courses below is what i think based upon research would aid me in fulfilling this role:

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Server+
CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Storage+
CompTIA Cloud Essentials

MTA Database

MSCE Server Infrastructure
MSCE Desktop infrastructure
MSCE Data Platform

What are your thoughts and suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP - constant BSoD, freezes
Hi everyone, new to the forum, thanks in advance. I have an Acer 4810TZ laptop running Win7 home premium SP1. For a long, long time it has been freezing constantly, while also going to BSoD fairly often. For freezes, it definitely occured most often at the Windows loading screen. It also seemed...
bxm701 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 07-26-2012 06:08 AM
down for months
This computer got a virus several months ago. It redirects the browser and doesn't allow me to do a lot of things, so I got frustrated back then and stuck it in the closet. I fired it up this morning, deleted a bunch of programs, and decided to give it another try. Here's the DDS Log: . DDS...
mrcdem Resolved HJT Threads 51 07-05-2012 09:27 AM
windows 7 freezing like crazy
Hello I'm having trouble getting my comouter to stop freezing up. While doing one task for a long period of time. The software will freeze up to the put of not responding and windows 7 task bar and software icons become unclickable..... but I can still move the mouse but no luck opening anything...
Dev in need Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 29 07-02-2012 04:18 PM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
For Ried
Hi there is a attachment ark.zip with 'dds' and 'ark'. . DDS (Ver_11-05-19.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_13 Run by Owner at 22:01:08 on 2011-05-29 Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.959.243 . AV: McAfee Anti-Virus and...
Nela09 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 78 06-09-2011 07:32 PM