Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Passed 801 exam what to do next?

This is a discussion on Passed 801 exam what to do next? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been studying computers since 2009 and today i finally passed the CompTia's A+ 801 test. Am I correct

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have been studying computers since 2009 and today i finally passed the CompTia's A+ 801 test. Am I correct in assuming I need to take and pass the A+ 802 test to actually be certified? Does the 801 test get me anything?

I am really good at the software end of things which is what i believe the 802 test is about but I would like any information you guys could give me about studying/passing that exam. Is it 100% necessary? Sorry to reiterate but just having the 801 doesn't really count for much? Also I heard they are updating the certifications to 901 from 801 so would I need to get both 901 and 902 to get certified or would 802 be enough for now?

Either way would anyone recommend I get other simple certifications like being Microsoft certified, etc. I am very poor but i really want to get a good job and start off slow get proper training, what's a good direction to go, level 1 entry level support technician?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Yes, you need to pass both the 801 and 802 for the A+ certification.

Here's info on the 800 and 900 series:
https://certification.comptia.org/ce.../a#examdetails

You have until June 30 to pass the 802.

For studying: Professor Messer's CompTIA 220-801/802 A+ Training | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses

For Microsoft, just start with the entry level desktop certifications.

While the certifications are nice to have and can show that you have the knowledge to pass, having practical or work experience will mean more (in most cases) to an employer.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
Moderator - Networking

Congratulations on passing the exam!

Although this is my own personal opinion I know it is shared by other employers (those that are worth working for anyway).

If you're looking for an entry level position, I prize a good attitude and willingness to learn over any other attribute. Show that in any job interview, and you'll be golden.

Certificates are certainly nice to have, but they aren't the be all and end all.

Best of luck mate.

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you both for your reply's.
Closed Thread