Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Online support for a newbie SYS/IT Admin

This is a discussion on Online support for a newbie SYS/IT Admin within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am a newbie to SYS/IT admin profile. I am very well into networking world with in and out

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Idea

Hi,

I am a newbie to SYS/IT admin profile. I am very well into networking world with in and out of routers and switches. Now Admin profile is something which am exploring. I want to know how can I maintain my PC as a corporate setup with admin rights and make 50 users work under policies. Its like an assignment to me. I am working on windows 8.1, users have random win8 or win7 OS.
1) Setting up my workstation with policies and have remote assistance facility for me to access any remote device without any external software. How to set up RDP on my system and access user systems for assistance by asking their IP address (in the same or different subnet)?

2) How to Make a server out of a PC and share its basic needs amongst all with admin rights?

3) Then how can I upgrade an anti-virus onto my system so that later it passes on ...as an auto-upgrade to all user systems by default, without me accessing their systems???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
Registered Member

You need to setup a domain controller. The 50+ users/computers you want to maintain need to be joined to this domain. Once they are joined This will allow you setup Group Policies for each computer/users individually or in groups. Group policy will allow you to specify certain permissions, etc that can or cannot be done. For instance, you can specify what settings are set in internet options of internet explorer, or if you do not want the computers usb ports to support anything that can be used as a mass storage device (usb drives, external hard drives) when connected- this can be done. As far as remote assistance , RDP is built into all windows platforms and you can access all systems in your domain if you're on the same network, if not then thats where VPN is needed. As far as your last task i would look at microsoft Sccm

Good luck
Closed Thread