Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Network +

This is a discussion on Network + within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I currently work in an IT support role where all of our networking is outsourced to a 3rd party.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I currently work in an IT support role where all of our networking is outsourced to a 3rd party.

This is a real weakness in my IT knowledge and as a result I wouldnt want it to hold me back in the future and it feels only natural to learn more about it.

I understand that exams etc are supposed to be there for people who already actively participate or will be in the particular subject, but with a good understanding of how networks are supposed to work and naturally being surrounded by networked equipment and minor network troubleshooting, would the Network+ study and exam be a wise choice?

Any thoughts and/or alternatives greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Network+ covers only basic networking concepts. If you support PCs in a networked environment, you will have a good foundation on which to start your Network+ studies.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
Enthusiast

My System

exams like the Network+ are entry level exams meaning they require little or no experience so as Michael says you will have a good foundation for starting to learn the subject.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes
I'm having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to use. After a while of my laptop being on, my wireless network adapter will suddenly get "limited connectivity", won't connect to the internet but will still get the router. Every single Xirrus test...
Madvillainh Networking Support 6 02-05-2015 01:49 PM
Strange Network Adapter Behavior...
Network Adapter: Trendnet TEW-643PI Wireless N PCI Adapter OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit The situation is, I can always detect the two networks in my house...We'll call them network A and network B. BUT, here's the thing: I can connect to network A most of the time (but the signal is weak)...
t_bash Cabling and Network Cards 1 10-06-2012 01:19 PM
Wireless connection Yellow exclamation
Seen this several times in this Forum and others but cannot find a solution to my problem, so apologies for raising yet again. I do have a comprehensive post though. I have been trying to diagnose this problem for weeks and despite trying all the advice Iíve seen, nothing has yet fixed it. ...
dpbardell Networking Support 15 10-23-2011 11:30 AM
[SOLVED] Win7 HP Laptop wont connect to Belkin FSD8235 - 4
Hi All For some reason my laptop has stopped connecting to my wireless network. It shows up as available with Excellent signal. I know the password is correct and that hasnt changed but now when i right click and connect it INSTANTLY says "Windows cannot connect to Area51" before it even seems...
toms88 Networking Support 24 05-15-2011 08:47 AM