Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

MCSA or MCTS

This is a discussion on MCSA or MCTS within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Friends, which of these certifications would help me do my job better as a Technical Support engineer? Learning SCCM

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Friends, which of these certifications would help me do my job better as a Technical Support engineer? Learning SCCM or MCSA? I have advanced understanding of Networking and PC troubleshooting with Intermediate knowledge of windows servers. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Certifications aren't designed to help you do your job better; certifications are designed to show an employer that you have a baseline level of knowledge with a technology. Experience with a technology helps you do your job better.

You should certify on whatever technologies you have experience using. If you work with SCCM, certify on that. If you work on administering Server 2012, certify on that.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you so much.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MCSA - Windows Server 2008 or 2012?
Hello, I intend to study for the exams to gain the MCSA Windows Server title, but not sure whether to study for the 2008 or 2012. In my workplace we use a mix of 2003 and 2008r2 but I figure itís going to take a while to complete given there's 3 exams to pass. I guess what I'm trying to find...
PeterH1988 Certification & Career 14 07-17-2013 09:45 AM
MCTS Server 2008 - Server 2008 installation advice
:wave:Hi I'm wanting to start traing for my MCTS Sercvr 2008 and want to install Server 2008 on my machine to practice on etc Would you recommend installing as a dual boot or running it through VMWare? What I'm wanting to do is have it installed then creat a mini domain if possible using...
Pedromic Certification & Career 1 09-06-2011 12:51 PM
MCTS: Configuring Server 2008 and Active Directory
First of all I love the new look. This site really needed some visual inspiration and I think it's found that now lol. But that's not what this post is about...what I'm wanting your opinions on is this... Do you think the MCTS: Configuring Server 2008 and AD is something worth pursuing for me in...
tim19889 Certification & Career 6 03-04-2011 06:11 PM